Enquiries can be made by telephone 01736 363021, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to The Estate Office, Chyandour, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 3LW.
If you need any information sent to you in a larger format please ask us.
We accept payment online by card, by BACS or by cheque.
Getting to Trewidden:
Trewidden can be accessed easily by car, the house is approximately ½ mile from the A30, and cars can park directly beside the front door.
There is a regular bus service from Penzance to Buryas Bridge Garage (approx. 30 mins from Penzance bus station). We recommend using the travel line website to show the available bus times (put Buryas Bridge opp Garage as your destination). It is then approximately a 10-15 minute walk up the scenic Front Drive from the bus stop to the garden entrance.
The main train line terminates in Penzance. There is a taxi rank outside of the station and the bus station is immediately next door to the train station.
In the house
The drive and parking area at Trewidden are tarmaced, however the path leading from the driveway around the house to the garden is gravel. The courtyard to the rear of the house is cobbled and there is one step down into the back door.
There are two steps up to enter the front door and a small threshold to cross as you enter the front hall. The kitchen, living rooms, playroom, laundry and back kitchens are all accessed from the ground floor and are easily accessible once inside the house. The surface of the ground floor is a mixture of wooden floorboards with rugs on (hall and dining room), vinolay (kitchen), carpet (drawing, morning and play rooms), tile, parquet floor and slate flagstones (laundry, back kitchens and passageways). There is a downstairs W.C next to the kitchen, although this is not suitable for a wheelchair user.
We are able to provide up to two beds on the ground floor by prior request (although the total number of guests must remain at 15).
All of our bedrooms are on the first floor accessed up either of the two flights of stairs. The main staircase is carpeted and has a handrail on the right hand side.
Once upstairs on the main landing, the bedrooms called Fern, Rose, Azalea and Bluebell and one bathroom (with bath and sink) and one toilet (not a disabled toilet) can all be accessed without traversing up or down any more steps. There are sets of two/three more steps to climb up/down to access all of the other bedrooms, bath and shower rooms. All of the bedrooms and hallways are carpeted, the bathrooms all have woven vinyl flooring except for the en-suite bathroom which is carpeted.
All of our beds are standard height. If you require any specific measurements of any of the furniture or fixtures and fittings within the house, please don’t hesitate to ask us and we shall whip out our tape measure.
Out in the gardens (private and main)
The private garden is accessed from a gravel path and is then laid fully to lawn.
To access the main garden open to the public, you can walk down the tarmac house drive and then follow the gravelled drive to the main garden. The garden entrance is in the Tearoom. About half of the pathways within the main garden are accessible to electric wheelchairs. Manual wheelchairs are not advisable due to our pathways being topped with gravel.
We have a large gas fired barbeque available for your use. One spare gas bottle is kept as well as a bottle connected to the barbeque, if you swap the bottles during your stay we would be grateful if you could please inform our housekeeper so this can be replaced in time for the next guests. We would ask that you leave the barbeque in a state of cleanliness as you would wish to find it yourself.
We recommend White Radish caterers. Often catering for the Bolitho family at Trewidden, they are very familiar with the kitchen layout and facilities. We also recommend Jane Meredrew and Philleigh Way who have also catered for celebrations and weddings at Trewidden before.
Please will you let us know in advance if you are planning to have an outside caterer during your stay and we simply ask that they leave the kitchen clean and tidy once finished.
Regarding our Covid-19 measures a risk assessment (available upon request) has been carried out with both our guests and our cleaning teams health and safety firmly in mind. A revised and even more thorough cleaning regime is now in place (including lots of sanitiser!) to minimise the risk of Covid-19 transmission if it is inadvertently bought into the house. The following changes have also been made to make the house as safe as possible for all:
1. Please kindly confirm to us within 24 hours of your arrival by email that all members of your party show no symptoms of Covid-19
2. If any of your party develop Covid-19 during your stay, we would ask for all members of the party to leave the house within the following 24 hours to self-isolate in your own homes.
3. We would ask for all guests to strip used beds and place all bed linen and towels (excluding mattress and pillow protectors) in the linen bags provided on the morning of departure.
4. Hand sanitiser will be left at the entrance doors for use each time a guest comes back to Trewidden
5. During mid week cleans, please do kindly observe social distancing with cleaning team. Mandy will also contact you prior to her arrival to check all guests are fit and well.
6. A few none essential items such as scatter cushions, bed throws etc. will be removed from the house as these cannot easily be sanitised
7. In relation to the mixing of households – this is complicated and ever changing, so we leave it at your discretion to abide by the government guidelines prevalent at the time
Up to two dogs are welcome at Trewidden, and we ask guests to bring their own dog beds. For the comfort of other guests and maintaining the high standard of cleanliness and condition of the house, dogs must remain in the back kitchen behind the provided child gate at all times. Dogs are welcome in Trewidden Garden (on leads) and off leads in the private garden. An extensive network of public footpaths can be joined at Trewidden Farm by walking up the rear drive. As a matter of course, we expect all guests to pick up and dispose of all dog mess.
- For normal weekly bookings, there are no additional charges other than our stated prices on our website. Additional charges will be incurred only in the following circumstances:
- For additional housekeeping services over and above those already provided where we ask guests to pay our housekeeping direct
- For wedding receptions (please see our weddings page)
- For any damage or breakages unnecessarily caused by guests other than fair wear and tear and accidental damage, we will discuss the cost of replacement/repair with you. If something does get damaged, please don’t be embarrassed, accidents happen, we’d be grateful if you could notify our housekeeping team as soon as possible in order that we can organise it’s repair/replacement ready for our next guests.
A complimentary housekeeping service is provided from 9-12 Monday to Thursdays during your stay (Monday to Friday for bookings longer than one week, bed linen will be changed on Fridays). If you do not require a housekeeping service during your stay, please just let us know prior to your arrival. Additional housekeeping can also be arranged at £11/hour paid direct to our housekeepers, again by prior arrangement.
Travelling west on the A30 towards Lands End, approximately two miles after you have passed Penzance you will drive through a crossroads at Trereife, Trewidden is the second entrance land directly off the A30 on the right hand side with signs on the entrance walls. Continue up the Front Drive and where the drive forks, take the right hand fork through the gateway marked Private. For Sat Nav, use TR19 6AU (not our postal address postcode as this will not bring you to Trewidden).
Please recycle all paper/plastic/glass in the recycling bins provided for collection.
Trewidden Garden is open from February to September, 7 days a week 10:30-5:30 (last entry at 4:30). All guests staying in the house are welcome to enter the garden free of charge as many times as they wish during their stay during these times. We have an excellent licensed tearoom that serves delicious and freshly prepared lunches using local produce such as Newlyn crab and sweet treats alongside cornish coffee and tea as well as the obligatory cream tea.
If you are staying with us outside of our opening times, please let the housekeepers know if you’d like to go in the garden. This is when much of the larger works such as tree surgery etc are carried out in the garden and for your safety, the gardeners will need to know in advance if anyone else will be in the garden when they are carrying out such works.
- All bed linen (beds made up for your arrival)
- Towels – one bath sheet and hand towel per guest, bath mats and tea towels
- Two travel cots with cot linen
- Two highchairs
- Hairdryer in every room
- Free WiFi
- A welcome hamper including a cream tea, tea, coffee and milk (enough to start with) and a selection of other Cornish food and drink
- Hand soaps in all sinks
- Toothbrush/shaver point in every bathroom
- 3 toilet rolls per toilet
- A selection of cleaning products such as washing up liquid, all purpose cleaner, dishwasher powder, washing powder and clothes conditioner
- Dishcloth, scouring sponge, oven gloves
- Bin liners, cling film, aluminium foil
- Salt, pepper, selection of herbs and spices
- An unlimited supply of logs, kindling and matches
- Water, electric all included
- Ironing board and iron
- Some games, jigsaw puzzles, buckets and spades, books and a ping pong table
- Christmas tree and decorations at Christmas/New Year